- This event has passed.
June 24 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join us for our e-Recycling event!
Date: Friday, June 24 | 9 am – 5 pm
Location: 630 E Front Street
Bring in your old:
- Mobile Phones
- Computer towers (no monitors, please)
Before you discard, recycle or give away a computer, printer or smartphone, take a few steps to protect your private information first.
- Select the drive you wish to format from the list. C:\, D:\…
- Right click on the drive and select Format. (‘Deleting’ doesn’t actually delete files.)
- Choose Full, rather than Quick.
- You can always remove the hard drive and smash it with a hammer.
- Remove any SIM card.
- Go to Settings and tap General
- Transfer or Reset [device]
- Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My [device], you might need to enter your Apple ID and password.
- If your device uses eSIM, choose the option to erase your device and the eSIM profile when asked.
- Remove any MicroSD cards and your SIM card.
- Go to Settings
- Erase All Content and Settings.
- Search the manufacturer’s website to learn how to reset it and remove all of the settings.
- Often there is a small button that can be pushed with a paperclip for 10 seconds.
- Search the manufacturer’s website to learn how to reset it and remove all of private information.
- You could remove the hard drive or memory and destroy it with a hammer.