Established in 1955, TBA Credit Union began as an educator’s credit union when a small group of Traverse City educators pooled $50 to pay the credit union charter fee, thus establishing the Traverse City School Employees Credit Union. Though TBACU is now a community credit union serving members within the state of Michigan, the history of the credit union continues to impact the products, services, and programming that we provide.
- Student-Run Credit Union Program
- Classroom Improvement Grants
- Financial Literacy Classroom Presentations
- Reality Fair
- Annual Educator Edition Newsletter
- Overdraft Line of Credit
- FREE Perk Card with special offers exclusively for school employees.
Additional Ways TBACU Supports the Education Community
- Sponsorship of the Outstanding Educator Awards, Outstanding Person in Education event, and MARSP- Leelanau Chapter newsletter program.
- Support of the following scholarship programs;
- TBA Credit Union Endowed Scholarship Fund at NMC
- MARSP- GT Chapter Scholarship Supporter
- MARSP- Leelanau Chapter Scholarship Supporter
- MEA-Retired Scholarship Supporter