Established in 1955, TBA Credit Union began as an educator’s credit union when a small group of Traverse City educators pooled $50 to pay the credit union charter fee, thus establishing the Traverse City School Employees Credit Union. Though TBACU is now a community credit union serving members from five counties in the community, the history of the credit union continues to impact the products, services, and programming that we provide.
- Student-Run Credit Union Program
- Classroom Improvement Grants
- Financial Literacy Classroom Presentations
- Game of Life Simulation
- Deferred Compensation which is a retirement savings plan offered exclusively to school employees.
- Annual Educator Edition Newsletter
- Educator’s Advantage Overdraft Line of Credit
- Summer Savings to help ease the expense of summer spending.
- Hall Pass good for one returned non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee per school year.
- FREE Perk Card with special offers exclusively for school employees.
Additional Ways TBACU Supports the Education Community
- Box Tops Challenge
- Spirit Checks to show your school pride and raise funds for your school. For each box of checks ordered with your school’s logo, TBACU will donate $2 to your school.*
- Sponsorship of the Outstanding Educator Awards, Outstanding Person in Education event, and MARSP- Leelanau Chapter newsletter program.
- Support of the following scholarship programs;
- TBA Credit Union Endowed Scholarship Fund at NMC
- TBA Credit Union Study Abroad Scholarship
- MARSP- GT Chapter Scholarship Supporter
- MARSP- Leelanau Chapter Scholarship Supporter
- MEA-Retired Scholarship Supporter
*Restrictions may apply. Ask a TBACU Representative for details. Spirit Check payments must total a minimum of $10 for a check to be dispersed to your school. Totals that do not reach $10 will be held until the following year. Checks are issued annually.