TBACU Study Abroad Scholarship
TBA Credit Union is now reviewing applications for our 2018 Study Abroad Scholarship. This scholarship program was launched in 2015 with the purpose to help fund a student’s study of foreign language and culture.
• Application is open to high school and college students who are TBA Credit Union members, or have a parent or guardian that is a member.
• Applicant must be attending class while abroad.
• Applicant must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Complete applications include – proposed budget, personal essay, teacher letter of reference, a copy of the student’s school transcript, and a signed letter detailing the applicant’s acceptance into the study abroad program.
• To allow for a range of students to benefit from the Study Abroad Scholarship, first consideration will be given to students who have not previously received the scholarship.
The scholarship recipient will be chosen based on the applicant’s overall merit as demonstrated in the application and accompanying documents. A scholarship panel will review all applications and select the scholarship recipient.
The application deadline for the 2018 Study Abroad Scholarship is Friday, March 30, 2018.
2017 Recipient: Jacob Davis of TC West Senior High
Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel- Leelanau Chapter Scholarship
2017 Recipient: Casey Kahler
Grand Traverse Area Retired School Personnel Scholarship
TBA Credit Union offers a vocational scholarship through the GTARSP for $1,000 to graduating seniors who attend a public or parochial school within the boundary lines of the Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District. Applicants must include a high school transcript (including first semester grades of senior year) and recommendations from a counselor, a staff member and a personal reference, in addition to the completed application. A personal interview will also be conducted. Applications are due each year on the last day of February and are available through the counselor’s office of schools within the TBAISD District.
2017 Recipient: Jonelle Sickles
Grand Traverse Bay Area MEA Scholarships
This organization awards three $500 scholarships with the support of TBACU to graduating seniors in June. To be eligible, students must be children or grandchildren of members of the Michigan Education Association or MEA-Retired and reside in Antrim, Grand Traverse or Leelanau counties. Recipients are selected based on school achievements and activities, community service, and responses to essay questions. Applications are available through the counselor’s office of schools within the TBAISD District.
2017 Recipients: Jake Melvin, Morgan Jeffrey, and Clare Kinery
TBA Credit Union Scholarship Fund
The TBA Credit Union Scholarship Fund is a $1,000 scholarship available to Northwestern Michigan College students. Applicants need to be TBACU members or relatives of members, have a 2.5 or above overall GPA, and a demonstrated record of volunteer service. Complete information is available here.
For more information on these scholarship programs, please contact the Marketing Department at 231.946.7090.
Classroom Improvement Grant Program
As school districts continue to experience budget cuts, educators search for new and creative means to fund projects and programs in jeopardy of being eliminated. Committed to students and the educators dedicated to their success, TBA Credit Union is proud to offer this funding opportunity.
Applicants are selected for funding based on how many students benefit from the request, how the request relates to classroom instruction and how funding will impact the future of students.
- All applicants will be notified within two weeks.
- To allow a range of educators to benefit from the grant program, schools who have not received a grant in the last two years will be given first consideration.
- Recipients who fail to arrange a grant presentation within two months of notification forfeit the award and will need to resubmit an application for consideration.
Previous Grant Recipients
Kim Fleming- TC Central High School
Rebecca Walters- TC West Middle School
Kristen Ryder- New Campus School
Tiffany Keske- Blair Elementary
Erin Ryan- TC East Middle School
Kelly Mikula- Buckley Community Middle/High School
Kathleen Schneider- Long Lake Elementary
Tara Gang- Willow Hill Elementary
Melissa Baumann- TC West Middle School
Marie Willis- Cherry Knoll Elementary
Jamie Sandy – TC Central High School (Program to benefit middle school and high school students across the district.)
Amanda White – Courtade Elementary
Danelle Brostrom – TCAPS Technology Department
Karen Nelson- Eastern Elementary
Stacey Alpers- Immaculate Conception Elementary School
Lisa Sutton- Birch Street Elementary
Brandon Deike- Forest Area Community Schools (Program to benefit elementary students.)
Anna DeMarsh-International School at Bertha Vos
Michael George III-Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District
Ian McGurn-Grand Traverse Academy
Matt Olson-Benzie Central High School
Kelli Hannum-Spencer-TC Central High School