TBA Credit Union awarded nine Classroom Improvement Grants totaling $7,941.46 to teachers in local schools in 2019.
The TBA Credit Union Classroom Grant Committee, comprised of three employees, evaluate applications based on how many students are benefitting from funds, how the request relates to classroom instruction, and how the funds will impact the future of students. Throughout 2019, the committee reviewed twenty-eight grant applications and nine teachers were selected:
- Sandy Jansen at Elk Rapids High School
- Kelly Vujea at Cherry Knoll Elementary
- Tanya Hendges at Courtade Elementary
- Michelle Lazar at Grand Traverse Academy
- Megan Neizgoda at Long Lake Elementary
- Sonya Neal at Old Mission Peninsula School
- Chris Vaughan at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Middle School
- Eric Ranke at TC West Senior High
- Michael Wilson at TC West Senior High
TBA Credit Union allocates $8,000.00 every calendar year to classroom improvement grants and educators may apply for grants up to $1,000.00. Visit tbacu.com/investedin to learn more and apply.